Wednesday, April 28, 2010

And all the criminals in their coats and their ties / are free to drink martinis and watch the sun rise

Thanks to this post from the delightful and delovely Blabbermouse, I realized that to get even sixty percent of the things on my to-do list done, I’m going to have to sacrifice something. Specifically, sleep. So.


Who Else Was At The Goddamned Gym At Five Fucking Thirty This Morning?

--Senior citizens. Those fuckers go to bed at 4:45 p.m., right after dinner. Of course they’re up already. They’ve been up for HOURS by this point. It’s their lunchtime workout.
--Guys who have nothing else in their lives but the gym and their own rippedness. They’ll still be here three hours from now.
--That sort of creepy guy who’s kind of always there no matter what time of the day or day of the week you go. Naturally, he has a van.
--A couple of beautiful early-twenties girls whose bodies are, like: daaaaaaaaaaaaamn.
--A whole bunch of 30- to 45-year-old moms, blazing through a workout in time to get home before the kids and partner wake up. Ahh yes, I have found my people.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger uncouthheathen said...

I went to the gym at 5am a few weeks ago and it was filled with people, shockingly. They all looked like busy, important people. They were definitely NOT my kind of people, sadly, as I am neither busy nor important.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Panda!!!! said...

Why don't the "couple of beautiful early-twenties girls" get lumped together with the "guys who have nothing else in their lives"?

I went to the gym early one morning a few weeks ago and I realized that you can form quite a small community where everyone knows each other's name and talks to each other. Thus, I will stick to the anonymity of the post-work crowd.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

The girls clearly had somewhere else to be in an hour or so. Those sweathogs just curlin' and starin' at themselves in the mirror, not so much.

The early thing SUCKED -- I want to let you all know this isn't something I am down with -- it's just that something, somewhere has to give, and this is one something that I can make happen SOMEtimes. Not every day. That girl Blabbermouse must get to bed a lot earlier and drink a lot less than I do.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous JenN said...

Oh wow. I've done the whole gym-at-4:45 a.m. thing intermittently over the years. It usually lasts about three days. That's HARD. Thank God for lunch hours.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home