Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last post of 2008

Gleemonex New Year's Eve Fun Facts!

--NYE is totally Amateur Nite on the drinking/partying front, so I am triply glad to be spending it safely within the Sasquatch Compound at Diamond Mike & Blondie's. (First two glads: spending it w/these friends + Mr. Gleemonex & Kid Gleemonex, and playing music while getting my drink on without having to drive anywhere or pay for anything.)

--The picture at right is not of me. It is from the cinema classic The Van, which you all should run out and buy RIGHT NOW. 

--My Twitter icon photo is of me on a previous NYE at Diamond Mike & Blondie's place; the blonde hair is a cheap wig that I love despite (or because of) how wrong it is for my coloring.

--Mr. Gleemonex and I locked ourselves out of our apartment one NYE a few years ago when we were on our way to the wharf around 1:00 a.m. to agitate the sea lions, our SF tradition. Word of advice: NYE is a bad night to try to find a locksmith or a building super. 

--It's really hard to work retail on New Year's Day with a beer + cheap champagne hangover. Not one of my fondest memories of grad school.

--Only 20 more days till PRESIDENT OBAMA!!!!

Happy New Year, y'all -- see ya in 2009!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home