Monday, October 06, 2008

Phone's ringin, Dude.

You know what's not conducive to healthy, restful sleep?

Dreaming about head lice all. god. damn. night.

Why? Who knows. But that was the unifying theme in Brain Theater 5000 last night. E.g. Mr. Gleemonex and I, in addition to our almost-one-year-old daughter, had a two-month old (SHATNER FORBID!), and had adopted two Russian girls, ages 7 and 9, and the lady who dropped them off was all blah blah blah and bythewaytheybothhaveheadlice okaybyenow! And I had to pick them out of the kids' hair -- little white ones clustered like dots of mold, huge smooth teardrop-shaped grey ones like the ones we used to find all over our free-range dogs, what have you. Ugh, my skin's crawling just thinking about it.

CLARIFICATION: Thank the sweaty Shatner -- the lice was only in the dream! But just wait till the first slumber party -- no doubt we'll see some bugs then ...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Twelve said...

I had head lice once when I was 6 or 7. My PATERNAL GRANDMOTHER gave them to me. Then I gave them to everybody in my class. Weeks of fine-toothed combs and stinky shampoos followed as we passed them back and forth.

Moral of the story: don't let lice-ridden relatives sleep in your child's room when they visit.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Spanish Johnny said...

I'd like to tell you everything will be okay, Gleemonex, but, in all honesty, my best friend growing up, Brendan L., got lice in 4th grade and the kids were merciless toward him forever after -- to the point were he grew more and more distant and starting wearing makeup and dressing like Robert Smith from The Cure. No doubt, if this had happened in this past decade, he probably would've blown up the school. Needless to say, it was a crucial time in young Johnny's development, so I cruelly abandoned him so as to not impede my own social rise.

But, I'm sure everything will turn out fine for your daughter.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wait till some kid has a fuckin cat who has ear mites and lets it sleep in her bed then that kid comes to the sleep over with SCABIES! yeah little bugs that burrow under the skin an make your 3 yr old look like it has track marks! head lice is nothin compared to scabies.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Trust TraceAce to lower the tone.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home