Monday, September 29, 2008

Here's the thing.

When I go to the doctor, I want a doctor who is smarter than me, at least at the doctoring game. Someone who's been to med school, who didn't get her training from mainlining several seasons of House, who has been tested and credentialed and knows her shit.

When I get on an airplane, I want it to be flown by someone smarter than me, a pilot who has experience flying this type of aircraft, whose skills are up to date, who knows what the fuck to do to get the fucking thing from point A to point B.

When I go to a goddamned HAIR SALON, I want the stylist to have worked on a few heads before mine, to have a current license, to wield the scissors in a manner more expert than I myself could.

So why the fuck would I want someone "just like me" to be the President of the United States?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's frightening...again, just really frightening. What gets me though, is if you listen, you can hear her voice get softer when she says "When Putin rears his head..." as if she thinks he might really be listening in on her conversation with Couric. You don't have to lower your voice on national television...EVERYONE CAN HEAR YOU! It's as if she's really stuck in, say, 1955.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, you're depriving the world of a terrific stand-up comic.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home