Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The harder they fall

OK, there's excess, and then there's excess, and then there's Ski Dubai, which is just fucking ridiculous.

I've long been aware of this bullshittery, but we were watching an episode of Extreme Engineering about it last night so we got the full story, and I almost couldn't stand it -- I was so ... offended. This is a crime against nature, it's a symbol of absolute filthy reckless excess, it's a monument to hubris so gigantic it makes the Titanic look like a modest little rowboat.

Skiing. In the desert. With hundreds of miles of pipes full of caustic chemicals and god knows what labor and energy-suck to keep it cold -- this makes me feel INSANE. It's my generalized Mall Anxiety times about a million. Where are the comets when you need one?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Panda!!!! said...

Thank you!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home