Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Tap-dancing my cold black heart out

Schadenfreude is one of my favorite emotions. I am currently enjoying a nice hot cup of it at the Repuglicans' expense right now, as I read reports of how their little convention is going. The whole Sarah Palin thing is just blowing up in their faces, a train wreck in hi-def slo-mo -- holy SHATNER, how I love it!

See, a person close to me whose intellect and opinions I respect happens to be an embittered Hillary supporter, and she predicted -- with a certain amount of grim glee -- Obama getting trounced in November, thanks in no small part to the Palin half of the ticket. I disagree mightily (she brings nothing to the table that wasn't already on it -- anti-choice women, right-wing zealotry, Godbaggery of a really scary stripe), and now, what with the 17-year-old pregnant daughter whom Palin's about to force into a life of indentured misery (yay abstinence-only sex ed!), the reports of Palin's husband's drunk driving arrest, Troopergate, the whole Alaskan-secession thing, the fact that as a speaker, she is Not Ready for Prime Time (Biden will destroy her) ... it ain't lookin too good for Grimace, I don't think.

Besides, as I have opined elsewhere on the Internets already: I think this is McCain more or less conceding, but deciding to score some cheap points by picking Palin since he's going down anyway. You know, mavericky points, irrelevant points (like A-Rod homering in the 9th when the game's already 12-2) -- McCain's all, "See? The Democrats won't nominate a woman, but I'm not scared to!"

Silly bastard. This is fucking awesome!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Spanish Johnny said...

Bravo, Gleemonex. I couldn't agree with you more. Seems like Palin's doing a bang-up parenting job while governor; I can only imagine how her kids will turn out after 4 neglectful years in the White House...

God, A-Rod does that all the time, doesn't he? Hee hee.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Panda!!!! said...

I want to wholeheartedly agree with you, but the cautious side of me wonders if I'm totally, completely out of touch with the rest of this country. After all, W. did get elected legitimately the second time around. I remain hopeful, but dubious.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home