Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thrice-Baked Wednesday

None of these are a full post by themselves, but all together, they make potpourri!

LOOK OUT, THE DIAMOND'S PROBABLY MADE OF CARBON FROM THE LAST THREE PEOPLE HE MADE SKINSUITS OF
You guys, this is the most boring engagement ever. It's like in olden times when people married whoever was around just to have someone to cook their meals (men) or keep a roof over their heads (women). Yawwwwwn. Stretch. Barf.

HE'S EXPERT AT EXCAPING
The whole DB Cooper thing sorta fascinates me, in a half-assed way (as in, I'm not a fiend for it, but I dig it), and if I were in law enforcement, I'd be inclined to let the guy go, should he ever be found -- points for style, doncha know. But here's the thing -- this story, about kids finding his parachute (maybe)? It has all kinds of weird smells about it, and I'm not buying it for one minute.

ALL IN THE FAMILY
If you are a woman about my age, you read your share of VC Andrews. Don't deny it. Miss CPA, I'm lookin at you! Heh. This semi-critical, totally awesome review/breakdown of one of the classics, My Sweet Audrina, will make you laugh and also get the fantods.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man- I loved ol' VC back in the day!! Strangely, I was thinking of this very book the other day- I could not remember the name- but that was one twisted plot!!!!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

my roommate and i got it into our heads that we should re-read flowers in the attic (ten years after we first passed it around our fourth grade class) and that shit is TERRIBLE! but i want to read the next book! what is wrong with me?

2:47 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Of course they're wretched! But therein lies their mysterious and horrible power ...

3:50 PM  
Blogger Panda!!!! said...

I remember asking a girl in junior high French class what the big deal was about VC Andrews. She had me spellbound for weeks as she went through each tome and carefully reconstructed each plot twist. Perhaps that's why I can't conjugate French verbs in the subjunctive.

Nevertheless, I distinctly remember being amazed/appalled that a)someone was able to publish this stuff for a living and b)impressionable young pre-pubescent girls everywhere were reading this dreck!

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home