Thursday, December 12, 2013

Listen all y'all, it's a sabotage

9/40

One of the sobering things about turning 40 is that it has become a not extremely crazily unusual thing for your contemporaries to die of things besides car crashes and drug overdoses. It's out of the ordinary, unexpected -- but not a comet out of the blue sky like it was when you were 25.

I was on my way home from Safeway this morning (the in-laws are coming, I needed to stock up on Stoli, Ritz crackers and ham), and "Sabotage" came on the radio so I cranked it waaaay up. Danger Toddler seemed to really dig it, hooting along and waving his hands -- it was fun as hell. And then I was just hit with this wave of sadness about MCA dying. Just -- fuuuuuuuuuuuck, why him? He was only 47. GodDAMMIT.

Speaking only for myself, of course, at almost-40 you don't really feel old most of the time, but things like this can make you look around and see that yes, time is marching on, whether you want it to or not.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home