Sunday, December 08, 2013

I think that, a) you have an act, and that, b) not having an act is your act.

6/40

And then a couple days ago, I'm in a store trying to return some stuff and I stumble upon these really cute flannel shirts while I'm waiting for someone, anyone to show up at the register to accept my frickin patronage,* and seriously, these flannels are SO cute. So I get one. And then somebody materializes at the register, this 25-year-old gal, and she says I'm lucky I found this one because they've been "really super-popular lately." I'm like, score!, and I start to tell her how I wore flannels in high school & college, only they didn't fit like this (which was kind of the point, for us) because they were men's, mostly from thrift stores, and the patterns weren't cute colors like this either because ... and then I notice the vacant look in her 25-year-old eyes and I trail off lamely, " ... ehhh, anyway, these're cute."


------------------------------------------
*It was like the apocalypse had happened and I'd missed it but though all the humans had disappeared it was recently enough that the lights were still on and this store was eerily undisturbed. 

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger francine said...

i realized i spent about 10 years of my life having no discernible physical shape because of my clothing. but then, none of us did.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Yep. First it was the Blouses and whatnot of our jr high & high school years, then grunge ... ahh, well.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home