Wednesday, November 06, 2013

I'm going to kiss you now, Gerald.

Friends, the image on this magazine cover is everything I wanted to be, look like, and do with my life at the age of 16 (almost 17), which I was when it arrived in my mailbox in December 1990. EVERYTHING. I didn't even care all that much about Johnny Depp -- it's not about Johnny Depp. It's about wanting to look like her. This version of her -- I'd've taken any version, honestly, but this is The One. It's why I made the tragic decision to wear a hat in one of my senior portrait poses. It's why I wore blazers and pearly things, and experimented with weird lipsticks and haircuts to try to get this way -- it's why I stopped using Sun-In, for Shatner's sake! Fuhgaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh I still want to look like this.


Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger francine said...

the main reason i refuse to cut my growing-out-a-pixie-cut-into-a-terrible-shag-hairdo right now is because at some point i know it is going to get ratty and uneven enough that i can achieve a high school dream to pretend i'm winona in reality bites or welcome home (if i cut bangs).

8:22 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Dooooooo iiiitttttttt

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home