Thursday, October 10, 2013

May the odds be ever in your favor!

For the fives of you who might occasionally check in -- I'm not gone, but every second of my time is either Kid Gleemonex birthday-related or sunk into this massive freelance project that I woefully underestimated ... ay yi yi.

But wait -- before bed, and while brushing my teeth, in the last week I read Hunger Games (first of three books) and OMFG y'all, it was good! Where has this been??? I mean, I know where it's been -- in the mind-ghetto I put it in, next to a bunch of good-for-nothins like Twilight, which is an actual good-for-nothin, but somehow this one made it out* and -- dannnng. Loved it, can't wait to read the other two, now must see the movie. Probably in 2029, when Danger Baby Toddler graduates high school and I have the time for a feature-length presentation.


-------------------------------------------------------
*Got into Head Start, had a couple of caring teachers, got into a weird fringe rich-person sport taught to it in afterschool club by some earnest my-parents-are-on-the-country-club-board-but-I'm-gonna-make-a-real-difference types (and participated in the heartbreaking but ultimately uplifting documentary on same), got a scholarship to a private school and is Ivy-bound. 

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Betsy said...

THE FOOTNOTE!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Hee. :-)

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Tierney said...

One of the fives here. Forced myself to read it, expecting twighlish crap. Pleasantly surprised as well.

10:56 PM  
Blogger francine said...

so it was good? our bookclub is reading divergent right now. my dr. friend only reads YA novels because she says her brain can't handle anything else between work and kids so this was her choice. i still haven't started it because i thought it might be twilight-ish (which i did not read but saw the first movie and figured out what trash the book probably was) but now that you gave a nod to hunger games i figure i may as well give this other one a chance. i'll keep you posted...

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home