Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Well, at least we got Samantha Mathis goin' for us.

Shatner bless the teachers, parents and administrators who put up with my ungrateful bullshit back in the day.

This was my nametag from the UIL Academic State Meet in 1991 (with my actual name redacted to protect myself from dying of shame). I wore this for two days straight, throughout the competition, the social events, the actual contest, the awards ceremony. It was my way of givin 'em the what-for, showing my speshul youneekness, letting everyone know how badass I was -- I might be competing in an extremely nerdy academic event at the state level, it snarls, but I am an iconoclast who cannot be contained in your straight, uptight, matchy-matchy little boxes! I'm destroying the System from the inside! Look on my nametag, you sheep, and despair!  


Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger francine said...

"It's ten o'clock, do you care where your parents are? " I wish we had been in school together. This name tag is rad.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Hee! Oh man, I know I *thought* it was rad. So, so, SO rad.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home