Monday, August 19, 2013

This and a thousand letters from my far-flung correspondents with, like, They Might Be Giants lyrics all over the envelopes

Found this in the olde home place:


It is my attempt at a "comic," undoubtedly drawn during some other class when I was supposed to be doing something else (as I am coming to realize is my lifelong M.O.), in about 1990. We of the Honors Chemistry class were all supposed to have been doing a Big Project for the Major Science Faire, and as you can see, I ... hadn't been, and ... was pretty much fucked. I'd had six months to work on it, it was due soon (next day? christ what was the matter with me?), and I had -- as you can see -- no sprouts, no detailed notebook logging the effects of whatever third-grade bullshit "experiment" I'd half-assedly come up with, no tri-fold posterboard thingy to show my work, and it kept me awake nights -- though not, apparently, in the actual doing of the project. Just obsessing about it and having the fantods from the anxiety of it. Jesus Fucking Christ I hated chemistry.

PS: new label for all these posts: hantavirus treasure trove

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger francine said...

Um, we are pretty much the same person, I think. That is my life story of projects.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

I have often felt that way myself, Francine. :-)

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home