Monday, July 29, 2013

FYI, brah, the past tense of "dive" is "dove"


Things I Wrote In Meetings, Date Undetermined, Found in Notebooks I'm Finally Getting Rid of Now That I've Been Free of the Old Day Job for Over a Year Thank the Living Shatner, Which Things I Do Not Remember Writing Nor Do I Remember the Meetings That Caused Them: Further Continuation of a Series

I don't have to outlast Dunder Mifflin. I just have to outlast you. 

--Invite people into the conversation. 
--Influence the influencers. 
--Manage stakeholders through transition.
--Translation, cultural diversity

[drawing of a large sailing ship, stick figure on the prow, with the word WHAAAAAT? elaborately scripted on the side]

the word "boondoggle," underlined, atop three columns of 9 words of at least four letters drawn from the letters in "boondoggle" -- e.g. boon, bode, loon, goon, glob, bled, blonde, ogle, etc.

My intentions are good, and earnest, and true, but under my hood is infernal combustion power

Yeah, I was in the shit

[on a page of a printed-out powerpoint presentation]
     --Don't be locked into a word count [with the "o" scribbled out]
-Another one of those word-find things, this one with the word "teleseminar" 
     --How to employ and enforce consistent style [from which I drew an arrow down to a numbered list of my own creation:]
     1. Public beatings for losers
     2. Hookers & coke for winners
     3. Adhere to the Code of Hammurabi

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been away from your blog for way too long. You QUIT THE DAY JOB? Congrats! And ... HOW DO I GET ONE?

8:03 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Oh yeah, man -- I quit last May! I am a full time suburban houselady now! And honestly except for the complete lack of restaurants that aren't chains, it's pretty damned awesome. :-) You need a new day gig?

3:06 PM  
Blogger francine said...

Um, please write a book compiled of all your office notes. Because I will read every single word of it.

6:20 PM  
Blogger francine said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home