Wednesday, March 16, 2011

But then there's also, "I want to sit here and read books for awhile. You go back to bed and sleep some more."

In honor of Women's History Month, a selection of:

Things My Kid Has Said Which May Indicate Smallish Parenting FAILs of Various Kinds:

--I go over to her where she's scribbling away on a piece of construction paper and say, "Hey baby, whatcha doin? Can I get a kiss?" and she, without looking up or stopping her scribbling, says flatly, "I have too much dammit work to do."

--Putting on her socks, she says pleasantly and conversationally, "Pink goddamn socks today."

--As somebody ignores the rules and laws of the road and of common decency and barges into a four-way intersection out of turn, she pipes up from the backseat, "IT'S NOT YOUR TURN MADAM! YOU ARE A BAD DRIVER, LADY!"

--Picking up her apple juice and toasting me, she trills, "I have beer like Grandpa! Cheers!"


-------------------------
Hat tip to the fabulous Sundry.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Brown said...

I dunno... I'm no parenting expert, but it sounds to me like you're doing it exactly right.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Uncle Spike said...

Agreed. Parenting: ur doin it rite.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Moms said...

She could have said, "I have beer like Mama!" So, let's put that one in the "Duh! Winning!" column. Bow-kay?!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Heh! Thanks, y'all ... I do wish she hadn't said the thing about the socks in front of her fundamentalist evangelical grandmother, but them's the breaks.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Panda!!!! said...

No question whose kid she is!

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home