Thursday, January 03, 2008

We're gonna have the hap-hap-happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny Fucking Kaye!

Heeey, long time no blog, eh wot? Blame it on travel and holidays with little access to the Internets ... but I'm back, and I gather you are, too. Herewith, a rundown of what's been going on in the Gleemonex world. 

Number of cross-country flights taken with a sub-3-month-old baby: 2
Number of Shiner Bocks consumed between 12/13 and 12/30: approx. 15
Total bill, with tax, for dinner for two (including two top-shelf margaritas, two Shiners, an appetizer and two entrees) at my hometown's premier Mexican restaurant: $29.70
Hours rocked on the bass on New Year's Eve: 6.75
Number of Radiohead songs included in the above: 5
Number of teas given in honor of Kid Gleemonex by Ma Gleemonex's friends: 1
Number of people I ran into during one visit to the hometown Wal-Marts: 4
Number of times I was carded at local stores while buying alcohol: 3
My present age: 33 (34 in a few days)
Number of double tall nonfat peppermint mochas, no whip, purchased at Texas and Scotts Valley Starbuckses: 8
Number of times I order this beverage between Jan. 2 and Nov. 15: 0
Number of times I had to change the baby's diaper in a mall or restaurant bathroom: 7
Number of times Mr. Gleemonex had to do the same in an airplane lav: 1
Number of fits Kid Gleemonex threw in three weeks of being carted around the country all the livelong day: 2
Number that affected anyone but us: 0
Rank in the Lifetime Scale of Brownie Deliciousness of the Ghirardelli brownies we made at Diamond Mike & Blondie's house on NYE: 1
Number of political discussions narrowly avoided between me and the various young-Earthers and Republicans of my family and acquaintance: 6
Number of viewings of Karate Kid: 1
Of A Christmas Story: 4
Of House: 6 episodes (where has this fuckin guy been all my life?)
Number of times I asked my mom, "No, SERIOUSLY -- that's Lauren Holly? THAT'S Lauren Holly? Not Reba McEntire or ... no? Lauren Holly, really? Holy crap, what happened to her?" during the four minutes I caught of an episode of NCIS, a show I've never watched before nor ever will again: at least 15
Number of times my day was derailed in the most awesome way, by hanging out with my talkative wee bairn, who would suddenly decide to tell a long long story (complete with arm flailings and kicks) that made at least as much sense to her as the words comin out of my mouth: at least a couple dozen

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season -- happy new year, and may Shatner bless us, every one!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

Number of times my daughter has played with ANY of the millions of new toys she got for Christmas: 2

Number of times my daughter has played with hand cream, a sand shovel from last summer, a deflated rubber ball, dirt, lip balm, some paper cups: 1,543

We didn't even go to Texas this year - if we had've, I would have totally looked ya up to catch a peek at baby gleemonex!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Hee! well, there's always next year. It was kinda cold there anyway. ;-)

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home