Friday, December 21, 2007

My backpack's got jets

I figure today's the last workday before xmas for most of you who read this blog at work (on your BREAKS, of course!) -- here's hoping you're released early. My company, or at least my team/department/whatever tends to do that, which is very kewl of them, but I've worked at plenty of joints that hold you till the last everlovin minute -- the nanny agency, for example (my boss once left early the day before xmas vacay and CALLED US at 5:01 p.m., allegedly to tell us something she forgot, but really to make sure we were still there, the hose beast), and the online spinoff of the print-media company (where my fourth boss, T., a very neurotic little man who was a great guy but a TERRIBLE boss, would rush around in the last hour before a holiday acting like we were about to break the goddamned Watergate story to a stunned and outraged nation). And poor Ma Gleemonex this very day is supposed to be released from minding the little high-school hobgoblins at 1:00, but all the teechurs have to stay after for their mandatory-fun holiday luncheon. Gaaaaaaaaaaaah!



Aaaanyway, get outta here! Scoot, all y'all! Go have a nice cocktail somewhere, preferably in the company of someone you love. The Internets'll still be here next week.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Panda!!!! said...

And some of us are going back to work on Monday!

Also, this "department" of which you speak is the very same one where I and a co-worker stayed until nearly 5:00pm on Christmas Eve because the VP at the time came out of his office into cubicle-land and decided to do some casual chatting ... because his car was in the shop and he wasn't able to leave the office.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

I'm not what you would call "career-minded," and so I have only ever worked ONE Christmas eve...I thought I would die. It is so lonely, imagining that everyone else in the free world is kicking back with a g&t. And today? Well, I took today off just to "get stuff done" around the house before the holidays start. Love the non-profit world.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home