Monday, November 05, 2007

In which I turn off the many, and offend the few

Contrary to what a lot of people whom I otherwise respect would have me believe, I don't think it compromises my feminist cred in the least to say that I'm not automatically for Hillary Clinton as the Democratic presidential nominee. What, because we both have hooters, we're naturally BFFs? Discuss.

I don't hate her -- that's an equally stupid and asinine position, IMO -- but I can't really get a handle on what she thinks, she is a TERRIBLE public speaker (I cringe when I have to hear her), and I think if she gets the nomination, we're all coming under the jackbooted rule of President Giuliani come next January. She just has too much baggage, and not all of it is even her fault, but there you go. Unfortunate things are not always your fault, eh wot?

For the record, my first choice, for many well-considered reasons, is Barack Obama; I think Edwards would be a fine President, but I just don't think he has the traction to get the nomination, and Gore, well ... that's a pipe dream I can't even afford to indulge in my wildest, happiest fantasies. Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

Now, I want it understood that if Hillary gets the nomination, I'm behind her 100 percent. No question. And but under any circumstances, my main reason to be for her at all (as opposed to "for the Democratic nominee, period") is: BIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! Goddamn, what I wouldn't give to have him back in the White House, in any capacity.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Brown said...

God, I know. I wish I could vote for that man over and over again.

8:12 AM  
Blogger alyce said...

Ditto. Bill. Le sigh.

I agree with the rest, too. I wish I liked Hilary better than I do. I can't get behind Obama, though either. None of them excite me. I won't throw my vote away on someone like Kucinich.

Bring back Gore. Bring back Howard Dean. I love that man's politics.

I am not convinced Hilary is unelectable, though I do fear it mightily. Giuliani grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

10:37 AM  
Blogger Panda!!!! said...

Can we do a Clinton/Obama ticket for '08? That way, if, God forbid, the democratic party remains un-electable, we can have a more seasoned Obama in the future?

I sort of feel that he's too green right now, and that if he wins the nomination and fails to become prez, he won't have another shot.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

I've been trying like hell to like Hillary more (knowing that I will likely be forced to defend her in the near future), but she makes it very difficult - not in doing anything WRONG, just in looking like a sourpuss and indulging in the flip-flopping that she finds so charming for some reason.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

Oh, and I think Clinton/Obama is out of the question.

Unfortunately.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Yeah, Clinton/Obama ... if only.

Alyce, baby! A fellow Deaniac! I knew I was among friends here.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home