Thursday, October 25, 2007

Haircut 100

OK, so, I was able to go get a haircut yesterday, thanks to the MIL watching the baby.

Why is it that after six years of loyal patronage of this downtown SF establishment -- which place I never leave without passing the three-digit mark in terms of moneys rendered to them (the cut's kind of expensive but worth it because you would not BELIEVE how hard it is to get someone to do right by my stick-straight hair, plus I am a slave to their many fabulous haircare products) -- why is it that they stick me with a new chucklehead stylist every single fucking time?

The Great Lisa -- she of few words, excellent scissor technique, and shampoo scalp massages worth fighting a war for -- has left the salon, and now I'm assigned at random to this or that know-nothing razor-happy chat-monkey, to whom I have to start at the beginning and explain everything I've learned in the course of 33 years about my hair and how I want it cut. Goddammit.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmigosh, like, totally coincidental. I got a haircut too. And I had a new stylist, who apparently didn't know I had been coming to this salon for a few months...so she was telling me all about their amazing services, and how their massage therapists are the best in the city (how do you rate that...I wonder?)

I wish I could go back to my old stylist, but I didn't like what the barbershop was turning into under the new owner, so I left. And men absolutely HATE to find a new barber. It sucks.

So, I hear you on the hair front. I totally hear you.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Sarah Brown said...

Ha, I love your tag "first-world problems."

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Find out where The Great Lisa is. Follow her. It's the cutter, not the salon -- or the "byoo-tee shawp" as we say in the great state of Texas.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home