Friday, October 12, 2007

So -- anything going on lately?

Heh. A lot can happen in a week, y'all ... here's the story so far, with pics to follow as soon as Mr. Gleemonex shows me where they are on our computers (I ... can't ... process .. . the, like, Internets? right now?). Enjoy!

---------------

We were scheduled to be induced on Tuesday, but I could not get to sleep Sunday night, and by 3:30 Monday morning it was clear we weren’t going to need the induction appointment. At around 6:30 a.m. I was admitted, and yada yada yada GIVE ME DRUGS, MAN. Which they did. Nearly 24 MORE hours of labor followed; we watched the frickin Yankees suck wind and die once again, which at least provided some distraction (one doc just about died laughing when I came up out of the pain + druggy haze to say something like “Jeezus, 0 for WHAT in the series? That asshole can’t BUY a hit!”).

At long last, lil’ stubborn came into the world at 5:44 a.m. on Tuesday, October 9 – 8 pounds, 4 ounces, 21 inches long, a baby girl with a full head of dark hair and the sweetest dark blue eyes you ever saw. And seriously – this is going to ruin my gangsta rep here, but – LOVE, y’all, nothing but love.

It took us another whole day to narrow down our list of first names to one of our longstanding Scandinavian front-runners, and when we realized that October 9 was John Lennon’s birthday, which she had apparently waited two extra weeks to hit, well -- we had a middle name too.

Anyway, we brought Kid Gleemonex home Wednesday night, as soon as we were allowed; we could’ve stayed an extra night, but she was doing great, and as awesome as the Kaiser people were (every doctor, nurse, anesthesiologist, consultant, aide, and random person we saw was FABULOUS, I mean it!), it just felt like time to get on home. She was (and is) mesmerizing – we just couldn’t take our eyes off of her. Still can’t. In fact, gotta wrap this up – gonna go watch her sleep some more. Best show we’ve ever seen – she’s worth every minute of the wait.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger srah said...

Ingeborg Prudence?
Helga Magicalmysterytour?

1:07 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Ohhh, so close. So very close. ;-) heh.

4:52 PM  
Blogger mzchief said...

Congratulations on a safe and healthy delivery. Enjoy every moment of her growing up. It passes all too soon.

My guess is you named your lovely daughter, Astrid Lena Gleemonex.
*;)

Cheers!

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figured something was happening since there was NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING about the Yankees on ye ol' blog. SUPER CONGRATULATIONS! I don't know you guys, but I'm thrilled for you.

And my guess is Quenby Eleanor Gleemonex.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Sarah Brown said...

Awww, congratulations! Can't wait to see pics of this sweet baby girl.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

We want pictures, not belly-itchers!

Seriously, congrats! My babe was born on Lennon's death date (not quite as uplifting) and earned a Beatles-inspired moniker himself.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

Congratulations! Oh, I am so very happy for you guys. Yay!

My name guess is Nissa Walrus Gleemonex.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Panda!!!! said...

Congratulations! I need photographs!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to meet her!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Thanks, everybody! Great to come back in here and read all these comments ... I do promise pics asap, I swear I swear!

12:34 PM  
Blogger alyce said...

Instead of Lotte Lenja/Lenya - Lotte Lennon?

Nah.

Annika Lucy Gleemonex

Eleonora Rigby Gleemonex

Congrats on happy & healthy & sleeping babies.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Betsy said...

What fabulous news and a beautiful entry. All the best to you and Oslo Ono.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home