Monday, October 15, 2007

Riggins 33 RULZ!

OK, so, I'm getting a little worried about Friday Night Lights. After I stuck my neck out so far, recommending it -- well, all right, slobbering about it to anyone who would listen -- I'm concerned about a couple of the storylines I'm seeing so far this season. If you're watching, I bet you know what I mean -- the Tyra/Landry Soap Opera Express, and the Saracen Live-In Home Help Plus thing ... worrisome, Internets, most worrisome. The whole point of this show was its realism, and I'm worried they're going in these directions to attract more viewers ... which will only alienate the loyal core of evangelists like myself and ultimately ruin the whole gig. The rest of the stories are still pretty damn great, and of course none of this changes how fucking awesome the first season was, but ... I don't know. I'm going to try to have faith. Are you with me?

Oh, also: The Wire. Great show -- do rent the DVDs if you've not done so already. Good times.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Betsy said...

I was nervous after the first episode, too, and, while episode 2 went a long way toward winning me back, I'm still a little nervous. (I shouted at the TV when I saw Julie about to get into a white van - this is not the season to take a chance like that!)

5:12 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

yah, exactly!!!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home