Thursday, July 05, 2007

Same as it ever was

I … can’t even really get outraged, you guys. I’m sickened — I mean, you can actually smell the ass-stank coming off of this 2D “comic” strip — but fuck, if Liz wants to spend her life with this passive-aggressive, limp, moist horrorshow, she can fucking have him. I am robbed of words. But to tide you all over, here are some cherce comments from threads otherwheres on the Internets that I read every day discussing FBOFW:


I'm completely astounded at the number of people who are all "Awwww, Anthony and Liz have found their twu wuv at last." I assume these are the same people who spend money on Precious Moments items and voted for Bush because they figured he would uphold family values.

I note that Liz is already barefoot. She's 2 degrees from pregnant.

Having seen this [coming] from ten miles away doesn't make it any less traumatizing.

“Dear America,
Happy birthday, ASSHOLES. AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Love, Lynn
ps, suck it”

I wouldn't say no to a swarm of giant mutant spiders right about now.

FOOB: Is it not time to finally shorten the name of the feature, shift from the comparative to the superlative, and distill it to its essence: Worst.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Brown said...

I think I would rather watch my parents make out than Liz and Granthony. Seriously. At least I know good has come from that.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Jory Dayne said...

Having only been exposed to FBoFW in any real capacity via Sarah B and Yourself -- I must say I AM impressed by Lynn for one reason. I cannot even imagine where the drive to create such tripe comes from. I mean, writing it sure, but to come up with at least 4 or 5 illustrations to put such insipidity down sharply is truly a Herculean feat.

PS G! 30 days till I'm back in the islands! Only you can understand my longing!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Sarah Brown said...

I went back to peek today and goddamn, they're still swinging each other around. You know that if that strip had audio, "Kiss the Girl" from the Little Fucking Mermaid would be playing.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Oh god, Sarah -- that is HYSTERICAL! So infantile, so twee, so very perfect ... my eyes had barely lit on panel #1 when I said, REALLY LOUDLY, "Oh GROSS!" My officemates aren't here yet though, so that's OK. My insanity stays hidden another day.

Jory, welcome to our nightmare. I'm sorry to have been a conduit to this, but rest easy: It's all over come September, and then there will again be peace throughout the land. And but hey: you're going to be back in the islands? Which one(s)? For how long? I'd be jealous, except island love in the soul doesn't work that way -- I'm thrilled for you! I haven't even washed the red dust from Molokai off my Tevas yet ...

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME? This god-awful cartoon is an affront to society. I had no idea such drivel existed before becoming a loyal reader to your bloggie. I don't think I can forgive you ... and you know what?

Your office mates TOTES know how insane you are! What do you think we discussed during last year's Gay Pride Brunch???

9:48 AM  
Blogger Jory Dayne said...

I'm spendin three nights on O'ahu to catch up with some friends, then a week on Kaua'i, up Hanalei side.

Too funny though that you mention the red dirt, I was just speculating about not washing the 'alaea off!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Stop by the taco truck for me a time or seven, willya? (I love your post on that, btw -- every time I'm there, I try more or less futilely to convince myself there are valid reasons to return to the mainland ... it's a real struggle, and the arguments get less convincing every year.)

CSR boy: whaaaaaaaaat? Do you mean to tell me y'all ladies talk about me at Pride functions? I am seriously dying to know ... because that is hilarious!

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, maybe I exaggerated about "discussing" you at Pride functions. I actually wouldn't know what goes on there since I've never attended. I just wanted to remind you that the celebration last year consisted of "brunch." I guess here in cubicle land, brunch = gay!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Brunch is totally gay. I love brunch.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home