Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Don't worry -- I've planned ahead! We're three miles from a primary target.

36/40

In these unnervingly warm, still, dry winter & spring days at the end of the anthropocene era, I find it comforting to reread all my greatest nuclear-apocalypse hits -- I just finished Alas, Babylon, and despite the casual sexism, thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a weird kind of optimism, perhaps particular to Generation X: Hey, at least there's still a chance it could all end in a millisecond of brilliant light! Yaaaaaay!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Uncle Spike said...

"...the end of the anthropocene era..." Nice one. Really hope that comment isn't too prescient, but I have my doubts.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Ugh, I know -- christ I hope I'm wrong. I have never hoped so much for something in my life.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home