Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dubious decisionmaking, based on unscientific but somehow sensible principles

So yesterday, trying to make room for Mr. Gleemonex's Carvel bday cake, I threw away a Lean Cuisine mini pizza that had been in there since I was on maternity leave -- close to two and a half years it had sat in there, taking up space and midichlorians or whatever it is that keeps a freezer cold (I told you science is not really my strong suit, shut up). It was in there because back in those days, for the first time in my life, I had trouble remembering to eat, or if I remembered, then making time to find and fix something to eat. Those little fucking pizzas were done in three minutes and could be eaten one-handed, and technically counted as "food." I picked Lean Cuisine for the same reason that I'll choose a light beer over the regular version with your Coors, Miller, Bud, etc. -- the taste difference between lite and original recipe is so negligble (which is to say, they're both such crap), why waste the calories on the full-strength version?

-----------------------
There's another one in there, btw, if you wanna come over to my house and party -- the Carvel box fit fine after chucking just the one, so.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Brown said...

Do our menfolk share a birthday? N's is today. I wish we had an ice cream cake.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Mr. Gleemonex's was Monday -- how cool!

BTW, he reports that these Carvels on the West Coast do it wrong: The chocolate-flavored layer of petroleum byproducts is supposed to be on the bottom, with the WHITE layer of petroleum byproducts on top, under their customary white layer of space-age polymers and birthday messaging gel (aka Fix-A-Flat).

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Blabbermouse said...

FUDGIE THE WHALE.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home