Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sort of like Josie Grossie, only a dude.

Internets, this is the kind of news story I love – a 22-year-old man went to Odessa Permian, told everybody he was 16 and homeless, and becomes a star basketball player, leading the team to a 5-A state championship. Turns out, he had, ahh, somewhat overextended his eligibility, having already had a championship high school bball career in Florida -- and some of the coaches recognized him when he played at an amateur tournament in Arkansas. [sad Price is Right trombone]

I feel bad for the people who believed it, and I guess for the kids who are now going to have to give up their state championship (and, OK, the teams they beat to get there) – but A) are you stupid or something? The guy’s obviously 22, plus he’s 6’5”, come on, and more importantly, B) What moxie!

I’m the kind of person who will always, always give points for style – I’d make a bad math or science teacher, because I’d probably give full credit to answers like these,* and if I were a judge, I’d be inclined not to bring the hammer of the law down on people who had a really good story to tell about their (victimless) crime or committed it in a really funny way (as long as no one was actually hurt!). I don’t know if this makes me a fundamentally unserious person or what.

-------------
*And also because I can’t do math or science, even to save the life of a precious baby golden retriever, so there’s that.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Panda!!!! said...

I really like the dude's name and am considering adopting a male pet to name him Guerdwich Montimere!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home