Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wiggy Wednesday


David Bowie.
I think I first became aware of him in the immortal classic 1986 movie Labyrinth. ("You cowered before me. I was frightening.") He has one blue and one brown eye; this is cooler than I can even articulate. Life on Mars is a kickass show on BBC America -- you should watch it. He is 60 this year (fellow Capricorn), and even so, I'd probably hit it. (You know you would too.) He might actually be an alien. And he is very disappointed in you.

Shut up.
Average number of seconds between mentions of the Yankees' payroll by the A's broadcasters, when we have the misfortune of watching a Yanks-A's game on the local channel: 78.

Not a people person.
Dreading tomorrow's off-site team-building meeting -- a FIVE-HOUR affair involving the same 15 people we work with every day and see and talk to every. day. Followed by drinks at Gordon Biersch. These are the sorts of things at which I am a one-woman Vortex of Annoyance, the sorts of things which get me branded as an Attitude Problem. And I can't even goddamn drink at the thing after.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Princess Sparkle Pants said...

I agree. Jareth was the hottest Goblin King ever, and besides which, I love Major Tom. I was rolling when I read about your team-builder... I had to sing Karaoke at a work-function when I was pregnant (and, ergo, sober). That was one of the all time suckiest moments of my life!

5:45 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Karaoke? Oh my, I ... I'm feeling faint ... oh dear, is that my water breaking? Gotta run, sorry, toodles!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I'm not at your offsite right now. Even though I am in "final" copy hell right now.

I heart your blog.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home