Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Well, that and Emily Fucking Dickinson


The two things I hate most in the world:

1) Magic.
Including but not limited to:
pulling quarters out of ears, sawing people in half, those fucking rings that look interconnected but magically aren’t, card tricks, RPGs that involve wizards/warlocks et. al. (all RPGs, while I’m on the subject), magic performed by children, pulling shit out of hats/bags/sleeves, conjuring, sorcery, chemistry and physics.
Notable exceptions: time travel, the David Bowie/Jennifer Connelly classic Labyrinth, all things Harry Potter.

2) Great apes.
Including but not limited to:
gorillas, orangutans, Nascar fans, chimpanzees, bonobos, Koko, Clyde, Australopithicenes, those damn dirty apes that so bedeviled Chaz Heston.
Notable exceptions: the monkeys in Raiders of the Lost Ark and Prometheus and Bob.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger srah said...

I hate time travel.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Sarah Brown said...

Sorry ladies, but I'm spending the weekend time traveling with my magic monkey.

Hello, I keep waiting for you to address that LJ is now drawing April differently now that she's 16, and has wasted two strips and lots of exposition to tell us this is how it's gonna be now!

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the Grape Ape? Am I showing my age?

9:46 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

I'm afraid the Grape Ape falls under the same regs, steph. :-(

10:26 AM  
Blogger Ms. Meander said...

oh god, i just peed. you would be nothing but one long string of curses if you visited my neck of the woods.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

What? Y'all got lots of orangs up in there? :-)

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home