Thursday, January 25, 2007

Yeah, I was in the shit

And another thing about Magnum: He and Rick and TC were all Vietnam vets. It was important to the story (Magnum, P.I. was one of the first shows to integrate Vietnam vets into a show, and have them neither be total headcases from the trauma of combat, nor renounce the war and all things military).

It won't work if you make them, say, Gulf War I vets, or else pretend they weren't in the military; if you don't use the original guys, but you still made them Vietnam vets, you'd have to set it in the 80s. So dumb, man. I don't need to see another movie where a Rubik's Cube or a Members Only jacket is the shorthand for "ooh, look, it's the 80s! Weren't they funny! ha ha!"

NO SELLECK
NO PEACE

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

I could not agree more. There is absolutely no way this remake can do anything but suck. Man, I hadn't thought about that show in years. I gotta tifaux that shit. Good times.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

It holds up amazingly well -- except for the fashions, of course. There are a lot of ... blouses.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home