Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Things of which I am ignorant, but will bet cash money over anyway

Internets, I know y'all can all find the list of Oscar nominees on your own, but I was moved to post it by the fact that I have seen -- for the first time in my life -- exactly ONE of the nominated films (Monster House, nominee for Best Animated Feature, which RULES and you should all see it ASAP, except it really is too scary for actual children, so don't say I didn't warn you about the little tykes' impending gibbering nightmares).

Now, I've got lots of the nominated pitcher shows Netflixed, but as of today, haven't seen any of the Best Pictures, much less the Best Actor/Actress/Supporting, etc. The ones I've got selected will eventually make their way to the top of the aforementioned Netflix queue, provided I don't keep moving stuff like Beer League and Season 1 of The Amazing Race to the top -- but either they only showed at shithole art theaters like Embarcadero Plaza (4X8' screens, bogus corn, insufferable a-holes like the ones I was an Ivy League film studies major alongside for patrons), or it was too much ag to bother with them at regular theaters like 1000 Van Ness or the Gleemonex household's "local," the Thuggy Teen Plaza 20, so fuck 'em. I'll see 'em when I see 'em, at my house. With booze.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger HHL said...

I've also seen exactly one of these movies: United 93 (Paul Greengrass, Best Director). After seeing this in my home (no beepers going off, no overtalking, hit pause to retrieve liquid refreshment), I probably would have braved the local Teen Thug Plaza to have seen it sooner. Highest recommendation.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Ooooh. You know, I have United 93 on the Netflix list, but every time I try to make myself move it up a few spots, I can't -- I'm afraid of it. I'm trying to buck up to see it -- your recommendation helps ...

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home