Tuesday, December 12, 2006

There's nothin between us and him but a thin layer of gabardine

The whole bullshit hoo-ha over "Merry Christmas" vs. "Happy Holidays" has me and my co-workers -- corporate HQ communications folk -- riffing on what the employees of our stores are supposed to say to customers. It really goddamn pisses me off that "Happy Festivus" is now off the table, thanks to some unstable-ass racist jerktard's verbal diarrhea pouring out during some kind of psychotic break onstage.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading and hearing all about this crap 3 time zones away here in FLA. I think it's all manufactured: I've yet to meet a soul who gives a shit 'bout "Happy Hollydaze" vs. anything else.

Grrrr... where's my aluminum Festivus Pole?

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Hannah said...

I don't understand the big deal here. I'm Jewish, and if someone wishes me a Merry Christmas, it's not like I can't figure out what they're saying to me. "What is this Krist-mas thing of which you speak?" Stupid. I think people should just say whatever they want. Or nothing at all. Mountains out of molehills.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home