Thursday, November 16, 2006

She likes her hair to/ get real or'nge

Things that occurred to me this morning on the way to work, while listening to my iPod to avoid having to hear the Stupidest Conversation Ever (which was taking place between a couple of fellow commuters four rows back):

--I wish I had Dusty Springfield's singing voice. So goddamn sexy.

--"Cupid" is a criminally underappreciated piece of the Sam Cooke oeuvre. But I guess that's better than it being all fuckin overplayed on Every Movie and TV Soundtrack Ever, as is the fate of more than one good-to-great song that I now cringe to hear.

--People who write songs about, among other things, finding out from your sister that you're the product of incest
, aliens landing on the Vegas strip, and so on -- and THEN ALSO cover a Jesus & Mary Chain song -- kick so much ass, it's impossible to convey the magnitude of the kickassery.

--I'm totally, completely done with the Rolling Fucking Stones. Seriously, can we declare a 100% absolute moratorium on every single song of theirs until the year 2031? If I hear the opening riff of fucking Satisfaction one more fucking time, I'm'a kill every single one of those bastards with their own colostomy bags. Get this shit off my iPod, dammit.

--Seriously, the idea of spreading petroleum jelly on a piece of toast is one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home