Friday, February 28, 2020

And then you end up at like, a Chili's, havin a bloomin' onion with a buncha secretaries

So, Chili's has come back into my life -- or, perhaps, I have come back into its.

The very same outlet I wrote about in 2011 (on what turned out to be just ten days before Danger Secondgrader's birth), in fact. And I've learned, finally, how to properly access its wares: A couple times a month, my friends and I will go directly from our workout at the trendy HIIT gym, cross the SUV-and-Tesla-filled parking lot, and skip the dining room for the bar area. We order chips (which are always delivered fresh and hot, if not salty enough, but that's what the shaker's for) & salsa, one small adult beverage each, and something off their $8 lunch menu -- the cup of soup and half a turkey/bacon/avocado sandwich is quite edible. It's a good time, the servers are always happy to see us, and we tip really really well (which maybe is why they're happy to see us? also we're nice and not the kind of middle-aged suburban women who Speak to the Manager). We avoid the rest of the insanely-long menu, and there's not a Chickie Nob in sight. It's actually kinda like when I was a teenager, except I don't get carded anymore -- just a fun, cheap hang with friends.

So like, this is not exactly an Endorsement, but it is a reflection on revisiting things and allowing them to have a different place in your life at different times in your life. Plus also, anyplace that can serve me a beer THAT cold is to be applauded, whenever and wherever it may be.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home