Friday, October 17, 2014

Also I almost never pass a day without at least one Mitch Hedberg assay flickering across the old brain pan.

Two Unrelated Things

1) It is a rare day that I do not think to myself, "Settle down, Beavis!" Some days I say it out loud, but about 93 percent of the time it stays in my head.

2) When *I* go to BevMo, I come back with the thing or things which I intended to buy there (e.g. a handle of Stolichnaya, an xmas-gift-level bottle of sipping tequila, a sixer of wine for a party, what have you). But when *Mr. Gleemonex* goes there to pick up some Glenlivet, which for some reason has turned both rare and expensive around here (?huh?), he comes back with three bottles of Glenlivet, a twelver of Spaten, a bottle of sake (Wandering Poet label -- which of course, dear Twelve, made me think of the Troubador -- wonder how many times he's been nut-punched over these many years?), some Knob Creek, and a plastic "travel flask." He ... already has a very nice leather-bound flask. So ... I don't know. I like all this stuff, but -- for why is it here?

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Brown said...

I'm with you on the Beavis comment.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous 12 said...

OMG, the Troubador. Whadda guy.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Guinness74 said...

Haha...I regularly refer to one or both of the spawn as "Beavis." It cracks me up, even though neither of them gets it.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home