Thursday, August 09, 2012

And yes, I'd feel the same way (only probably even more gleeful) if this were about the Swimmin' Douchebag, Lochte. But he didn't pull bitchface on the medal stand, so.

So even though I think she's a Mean Girl, I at first defended McKayla Maroney on grounds of she's a child, and that must've been awful to know that she has only herself to blame for falling short of the gold (and on a vault she must've done one million times before, flawlessly), and she went cold instead of breaking up and being all blubbery and ending up on a thousand stupid damn websites weeping her eye makeup off all over the Internets and I could understand that ...

But then, she refused even to touch the Russian who won gold -- I mean, she left the girl hangin on the obligatory "good game" hug, y'all -- and even much later, on the medal stand, she couldn't draw on the discipline and focus it's taken her to get this far, pull it together enough to wipe that bitchface off her head for three minutes, uncross her arms, stand up straight, and show a little fucking class?

She deserves this -- also, it's funny as hell. I hope she grows up enough to realize that someday.


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Karla said...

I posted the Beckham and Shark images. I felt a little bad at first, then I was like, "Screw it. She can take it." I was proud of her for not crying, though.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Hysterical!!!! I love you. :-)

Yeah, she's apparently owned the meme now, so -- it's been a learning experience.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home