Friday, April 27, 2012

It's after six p.m., Lemon. What am I, a farmer?

Are you guys aware that, unlike my toxic insane pointless fuckaround of a Day Gig, there are people with actual jobs? Like, real jobs, where they work on real things? The gal next to me on Caltrain the other day obviously has one of those. She spent the entire hourlong ride working on a very powerful, tricked-out looking Mac with that personal wireless thingy sticking out of it, manipulating data and charts and huge dense long paragraphs (with footnotes) in a massive document entitled: Tuberculosis epidemiology and novel transmission routes in rural Tanzania. I wrote it down in my iPhone's notes app, I was that impressed. Even though I look at that and all I can think is: "I ... can't. I am all out of can. I am unable to muster any can."

I begin to think that perhaps I am just a fundamentally unserious person ... oh well. So: Are we all agreed that 30 Rock has been on fucking FIRE these last half-dozen eps?

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Maggie said...

Man do I love a good Jack Donaghy quote, but then most of them are good, so...

3:17 PM  
Blogger Panda!!!! said...

Maybe your train companion was a student? And yes, I love The Queen of Jordan!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home