Monday, November 28, 2011

Excuse me, Stewardess -- I speak Jive.

So hey, how was y'all's Thanksgiving? Mine was pretty awesome -- there was the thing where I bought a turkey the week before and left it in the fridge to thaw but then it leaked turkey blood all over the bottom shelf and the vegetable drawer and the coils of the water dispenser and Mr. Gleemonex had to spend like three hours disinfecting the entire goddamn kitchen and THEN we discover on Wednesday evening that you can't just leave a turkey in the fridge for ten days because if you eat it YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL ALL DIE, so on Thursday morning I got up at the crack of ass and called Whole Foods and on the edge of panic asked if they had any currently non-frozen turkeys and they were like "Sure, lots, come on over!" and now I love them till the stars turn cold, but other than that it was cool. The baby even slept through the whole meal!

Oh yeah! We got us a baby. A sweeeeet little snurfly baby, who got here via the easiest and fastest labor I could possibly imagine (started at 7:00 a.m. on Friday 11/18, had baby by 1:55 p.m. the same day! whaaaaat!).

And he is such a little smooshy precious guy ... the brother that Kid Gleemonex was convinced she was getting all along. It is awesome, he is beyond adorable, life is so good y'all.

More later ... DK be comin' back now that I'm on leave and getting into a rhythm with this two-kid thing.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Brown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Happy new baby!

5:21 AM  
Blogger francine said...

Hooray! Babies all around! My brain no longer functions well with 2 children so I took down the blog for now; however, this means I am counting on you to continue writing because I have carved out about 2.5 seconds a day to read. Congrats!

PS My baby is 17 weeks old now and her diapers smell like Taco Cabana.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Please email me! I have a question about your blog! ☺
Heathervonsj@gmail.com

8:27 AM  
Blogger Gleemonex said...

Heather: Yes, it's real, and it's SPECTACULAR.

Thanks, all of y'all! :-)

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home